Yusen Logistics – Procurement Strategy Review
To undertake a detailed review of current 4PL operations and procurement activities whilst assessing current and future needs.
To identify a proposal for the company to follow in developing their 4PL service offering into a market leading business work stream.
Undertook a detailed study of Yusen UK’s business work-streams
- Assessed current business practices and processes – Carrier Management, Freight Planning & Carrier Auditing
- Assessed quality of team skills and experience
- Analysed data sets
- Met with internal stakeholders across all business sectors and suppliers – Carriers, IT providers etc
Prepared a detailed review document
- Confirmed current strengths of logistic services
- Highlighted areas of potential improvement
- Created a revised team structure and reporting line
- Built value scenario
Presented proposal to client at Board meeting
Delivered a detailed proposal which was accepted by the board
- This resulted in a further 6 months assignment to deliver savings and benefits – running tenders, carrier negotiations, staff training etc.