UK Transport Project – Kimberley-Clark
To determine if a leading worldwide Consumer Products manufacturer’s current GB domestic rates for all outbound freights were still competitive in today’s marketplace.
To then recommend the best method of managing any renegotiation of rates and possible changes in supply base.
Decided on target carrier base
- Met with all carriers
- Confidentiality agreements signed by all participants
Released lane data
- Managed responses and analysed data
Gave advice and feedback to customer
- Sample rates and target carriers information
- Run a tender and optimised a more regional carrier base solution
- Highlighted potential savings of circa 4.5% on a $45m turnover
Gave support to tender process resulting in actual savings of 4.8%